Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad with Grilled Tofu

I'm sorry I've been neglecting my blog, dear friends! I must confess, I've been devoting my usual blogging time to other pursuits in the last month: reading The Hunger Games trilogy; visiting my parents in Florida; doing a Bible Study; watching an insane amount of Ryan Gosling movies; and joining The Providence French Language Meetup Group so I can practice my French. I've also been enjoying the unseasonably warm weather we've been having, going on walks and hikes with my hubby and son. 

Nevertheless, I have been cooking and enjoying some new recipes. I've been especially keen to try more new recipes out of my favorite cookbook, Appetite for Reduction. Although I'd already made nearly all the salad recipes in the book, there was one I hadn't yet tried, the Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad with Grilled Tofu.


This salad is fresh and light, perfect for those hot days of summer (and spring, here in the Northeast!) Cucumbers, red onion, string beans, greens, and fresh mint are tossed with cooked-and-cooled rice vermicelli noodles, grilled tofu, and a peanut-mint gremolata. The gremolata is simply chopped peanuts, chopped fresh mint, and lime zest:


The salad is tossed with a lime-spiked chili garlic sauce, giving the dish a nice punch of heat. This dish was really easy to put together and my hubby especially enjoyed it. I can see myself making it again!

No comments: