Friday, July 8, 2011

Sushi Roll Edamame Salad Redux

Several weeks ago, I made the Sushi Roll Edamame Salad from Appetite for Reduction. It was really pretty and very fun to look at...and I lost (forgot) my pictures. It was also an interesting dish because I wasn't blown away with it the first day I ate it. However, I really enjoyed the leftovers the next day. I decided that part of the reason was because the Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette tasted better after it melded a little more. I remembered that fact this time around, so when I decided to have the salad again tonight (Friday), I made the dressing on Wednesday. And you know what? The salad totally rocked tonight. The dressing is AMAZING. I understand why Isa says she wants to cover her cat in this dressing.

I make a few small changes to the recipe (I substitute arame for the nor, and I use one whole avocado and a little more brown rice than called for), but Isa deserves all the credit for this bad-boy. Here it is, layered in my bowl: greens (baby romaine, regular romaine, and baby spinach); edamame (tossed with some rice vinegar and agave); brown basmati rice; arame; julienned carrot, cucumber, and scallion; sliced avocado; sesame seeds; and that amazing Green Onion-Miso Vinaigrette.

 Here's an inside shot of my salad, all mixed together:
 I really should use chopsticks more often.
I'm so glad I made this salad again. It was even better than I remembered!

No comments: