Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Duo of Green Smoothies

I am a huuuuge fan of green smoothies. I feel virtuous throwing some greens and veggies into my Vita-Mix (along with fruit, protein powder, hemp seeds, water, Amazing Greens powder) and blending my way to a virtual salad in a glass. It sure beats a Frappuccino for breakfast, I can tell you!

Look at that gorgeous color! I don't even remember what this one was. I want to say it was mango, banana, almond milk, chard, celery, and chia seeds, but I could be wrong. It could have been kale, or spinach, or collards in there. I dunno. It was delicious, regardless!



I do know what this one was - it was Gena's Lime-in-the-Coconut Smoothie. It was a little too tangy for my palate, so I added some frozen mango in there, too. I think it helped balance the flavors for me.

I really like this smoothie because it is avocado-based and not too sweet - it made a refreshing light lunch yesterday when I wanted something quick and hydrating after mowing the lawn.


I'm looking for other avocado-smoothie ideas. Any suggestions?

No comments: