Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mango Powerhouse Smoothie

Sometimes, I break out of my usual chocolate smoothie rut and experiment with something new. The other day, I wanted an afternoon snack that would give me some energy. I peeked in my fridge and freezer, pulled some stuff out, and came up with this beauty:


Isn't it beautiful?! Nothing makes me happier than a bright green smoothie. I know I am treating my body right by filling it with healthy ingredients, and besides that, it just tastes delicious!

Mango Powerhouse Smoothie
Makes 1 large serving / 2 small servings

1 cup frozen mango chunks
1 frozen banana
2-3 large Swiss chard leaves
2 large stalks celery, chopped
1 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon hemp seeds

Blend until smooth!

It was so creamy, so thick, so....mmmm. And seriously, folks, how can you not feel good about drinking something this wholesome? I love it when healthy is yummy! :)

No comments: