Thursday, May 17, 2012

Caribbean Fusion Stew

When scanning through Dreena Burton's new cookbook, Let Them Eat Vegan!, one of the recipes that immediately caught my eye was the Caribbean Fusion Stew. Now, I am a huge, HUGE fan of Dreena's soup and stew recipes - in fact, her Sweet Potato Lentil Stew from Eat, Drink & Be Vegan is probably my favorite recipe of all time. Her winning combinations of veggies, beans/legumes, and spices are always a hit in my household, so I was excited to try this exotically-flavored dish. I was certainly not disappointed!


This stew is brimming with vegetables, beans, and lentils, boasting vibrant flavors in a spiced coconut broth. There are red peppers, onions, plantains, red lentils, black beans, kidney beans, ginger, coconut milk, zucchini, broccoli, cilantro, and fresh lime juice here, all served atop a bed of brown basmati rice. I squeezed extra lime juice on top for some more zing!
This stew was AWESOME. I'll make it again for sure!

No comments: