Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

Happy belated Mother's Day to all you mommies out there! :) I had a wonderful day with my hubby and son. Yesterday was especially special to me because it marked two years to the day that my son came home! He was just 11 weeks old when he came into our home and made me the happiest Mommy :) I love him so much and he is such a joy to my hubby and me!

My hubby asked me what I wanted to do for Mother's Day. Now, I'm very much a tomboy - always have been, and probably always will be. I like to watch sports, play sports, talk sports, and wear comfy clothes. I have no use for makeup and I spend 3 minutes on my hair everyday. As such, he knew I wouldn't want typical Mother's Day fare such as brunch or a manicure. I suggested an activity that I thought we'd all enjoy together - indoor rock climbing at Rock Spot Climbing in Lincoln, RI. And Mommy was right - it was awesome!

My son had an absolute blast - he loved climbing and especially descending! :) They had a little harness for him to wear and my hubby belayed him up and down the wall. The smiles and laughs from him were definitely the highlight of my day! :)

Here's a pic of me scaling one of the walls:


What a workout! My arms and hands were completely dead after this :) It also worked up quite an appetite for us all. On the drive back home, I mentioned that I was really in the mood for another Mexican pizza ilk we made last night. Hubby smiled and said that sounded good to him, and since it was Mother's Day and all, I decided to just go ahead and indulge! Pizza two nights in a row? Why not! And it was just as yummy as Saturday night's pizza :)

I actually expected my hubby and I to be completely sore and immobile this morning, but to our mutual surprise, neither one of us felt sore at all despite yesterday's rock climbing adventure. Score! I decided to do yoga this morning to stretch out the kinks.

After yoga, it was time for my Monday morning juice. Today's was a bunch of organic collard leaves, carrots, celery, ginger, and lemon juice:



Love that bright green color! It didn't taste too hard-core so I didn't have to sing my hard-core-juice song :)

I wasn't feeling too hungry today, so I waited until lunchtime to have my carrot smoothie. By early afternoon, I was craving broccoli for some reason (??) so I steamed up some frozen broccoli and topped it with a little bit of tahini and fresh lime juice. It hit the spot! For the record, I don't think I've ever had a broccoli craving before. Weird.



Tonight I will be making the raw soup I was supposed to make on Friday. It's one of our favorites so I'm sure we'll all have happy tummies tonight!

No comments: