Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feeling Like a Goddess (Salad)

Well, it's not like I was feeling like a goddess - rather, I was feeling like having a Goddess Nicoise salad for dinner. With Green Goddess Garlic Dressing. But since I was eating like a goddess, I thought I should take a picture of me with my fresh and (temporarily) blown-out new 'do:


Normally my hair has springy, corkscrew-style curls, but I just went to see my good friend Debbie at Divinity Salon this afternoon. My hubby came home early from work, so I went to get my hair cut and blown-out. I tell you, I've been getting hair cuts my whole life (duh), but it was only 6 months ago that I started having a friend cut my hair. What a difference! She knows me, she knows my lifestyle, and she knows exactly how to cut and style my hair. She's amazing! If you live in RI, I highly recommend visiting her salon!!

So, yeah, maybe I'm feeling a little goddess-y with my straight locks. In a couple of days, my hair will be curly again and I'll be back to my normal, stay-at-home-mommy self :)

Anyway, back to the food...it was hot and humid as all get-out today, so it was the perfect day to have a big, hearty main-dish salad for dinner. Enter the Goddess Nicoise salad (with Green Goddess Garlic Dressing) from Appetite for Reduction:



Steamed potatoes & green beans, kalamata olives, sliced red onions, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, capers, and baby romaine lettuce, drizzled with a zesty, herby dressing. I loved it, my hubby loved it, and my son ate most of his portion. I'm sure I'll be making this a lot this summer!

No comments: